Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM) was incorporated in June 2002 after the unbundling of KPTCL. It took over transmission and distribution business from KPTCL and consequently four new distribution companies were created for distributing power in Karnataka.
BESCOM is responsible for distribution of electricity in following eight districts of Karnataka. It caters to the power requirements of over 139 lakhs consumers.
• Bangalore Urban
• Bangalore Rural
Online Bill payment (Using BillDesk.com)
BESCOM allows the consumers to pay their bills online 24 hours a day from any location. All you need is a PC connected with an active internet connection.
Online bill payment is available through the following Bill Desk partner banks.
• Bank of Baroda
• Bank of Maharashtra
• Central Bank of India
• Corporation Bank
• Deutsche Bank
• Development Credit Bank
• HDFC Bank
• IDBI Bank
• ING VYSYA Bank
• State Bank of India
• Syndicate Bank
• The Royal Bank of Scotland N.V.
• Union Bank of India
Registration at BillDesk
• Visit the following link to get registered with billdesk.com.
• Get yourself enrolled, complete a payment authorisation form and select the BESCOM as your biller.
• You will need to specify your email address and other personal details for completing your registration.
• You may make payments from more than one bank that you specified during the registration.
• After successful registration you will receive your email alerts about your monthly bill and
you may pay your next monthly bill online at billdesk.com.
Bill Payment at BillDesk
• For paying your bills, log on to billdesk.com, view your bills and issue online payment instructions.
• Enter your outstanding bill amount and select the preferred mode of payment from Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card.
• Follow the steps of your online payment and your transaction will be completed in matter of few seconds. You will receive the status of transaction as Successful and a copy of E-receipt will be sent at your registered email address.
• You may also take the printout of the e-receipt after the successful transaction and file it in your personal file for record keeping.
BESCOM Bill payment Auto Pay (Using BillDesk.com)
• If you do not access internet on regular basis then you can opt for Auto Pay facility.
• Call 42005000 and complete the registration for using this service.
• Once you are register for Auto Pay service you need not worry about paying your bills yourself as your bills are paid automatically by BillDesk every month at the due date.
• You may set the upper limit for the payments made by Auto Pay.
BESCOM Bill Payment through ECS
• You may avail the ECS payment facility where in you need worry about paying your bills as your bills are paid automatically every month at due date.
• To apply for ECS payments, you need to download the ECS Mandate Form by visiting the following link.
• Complete the ECS mandate form as per the instructions given, get it signed by the banker and attach the Xerox of your cheque for ensuring MICR code and copy of your latest electricity bill.
• Submit the form at jurisdictional sub-division office or send it at following address
Assistant General Manager (F&C), ECS Cell,
office of the Chief Engineer (Electy.)(C,O&M),
Bangalore Metropolitan Area Zone,
14/3, CFC Building, 3rd Floor,
• After your registration is completed you can avail the ECS facility from next month billing cycle.