Tamil Nadu Electricity Board came into existence on 1st July 1957 and distributed and supplied the electricity during all these years.
On 1st November 2010, TNEB got restructured into following two companies.
• Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation (TANGEDCO) Ltd
• Tamil Nadu Transmission Corporation (TANTRANSCO) Ltd
TANGEDCO is catering to the power requirements of approx 223.44 lakh consumers.
TANGEDCO Online Bill Payment
TANGEDCO offers the facility of online payment to the consumers.
• Visit the following link for making online payment for your electricity Bills.
• If you are a New user, you need to sign up once for registration and provide your Consumer ID and email address.
• On successful registration, you will be provided with user name and password for login to your account.
• Enter your username and password for login to pay your electricity bills.
• You may view your bill details, confirm the bill amount and select your mode of payment.
• After selecting your preferred mode of payment, you will be redirected to a payment gateway for initiating the online payment.
• For making payments by using Net banking feature, you need to ensure that your net banking is activated on your account. Login with your Net banking User Id and password to access your bank account and make payments.
Visa Card/Master Card
• For making payments by using CreditCard/DebitCard, you should have a verified Master/Visa CreditCard/Debit Card. You will be asked to submit various details like Name on the Card, 16 digits Card Number, Expiry Date and 3 digit CVC code on the back of the card.
• Once the transaction is completed, you will receive the status of the transaction as successful. The E-receipt is generated and you may take a printout of it. E-receipt is also sent to your registered email address.