Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd (MSEDCL) came into existence on 6th June 2005 after the unbundling of erstwhile Maharashtra State Electricity Board into 4 companies.
MSEDCL is responsible for the generation, transmission & distribution of electricity in Maharashtra excluding the city of Mumbai. It is supplying electricity to over 1.93 Crore consumers across the state of Maharashtra including 1.43 Crore residential and 31.70 Lakh agricultural consumers.
MSEDCL offers variety of payment options for its consumers for paying their bills.
MSEDCL Online Bill Payment
Ever wondered that Bill payment can be done from the comfort of your home while drinking a cup of coffee? MSEDCL Online Bill Payment Service is an effortless bill pay service that allows you to make online bill payment instantly through MSEDCL website.
• Visit the following link for viewing and paying your bills Online.
• Enter your MSEDCL consumer No and billing unit. You may find these details on the electricity bill issued to you.
• Click on View & Pay Current Bill Pay
• Your bill will be displayed, confirm the amount and select your preferred mode of payment.
• After selecting your preferred mode of payment, you will be redirected to a payment gateway for initiating the online payment.
• For making payments by using Net banking feature, you need to ensure that your net banking is activated on your account. Login with your Net banking User Id and password to access your bank account and make payments.
Visa Card/Master Card
• For making payments by using CreditCard/DebitCard, you should have a verified Master/Visa CreditCard/Debit Card. You will be asked to submit various details like Name on the Card, 16 digits Card Number, Expiry Date and 3 digit CVC code on the back of the card.
• Once the transaction is completed, you will receive the status of the transaction as successful. The E-receipt is generated and you may take a printout of it. E-receipt is also sent to your registered email address.
MSEDCL Bill Payment via Mobile Phone
You may pay your bills through mobile phone by using credit card details. However, as per the RBI guidelines, for every transaction done through mobile phone, it is compulsory for you to obtain One Time Password (OTP) from credit card issuing bank.
Bill payment via SMS
• Before availing this service, you should complete one time registration by sending SMS to 567678.
• MSEDCL<Space>REG<space>Consumer No<Space>Billing Unit No<Space>Credit Card No<Space>MMYY
• The MMYY refers to the credit card expiry Date.
• For eg. MSEDCL REG 345435345435 4000 4545435435235625256243 0912
• You will receive an SMS after the successful registration.
• For paying your bills after registration send SMS to 567678 in the following format.
• MSEDCL<space>PAY<Space>CVV No<space>OTP
Here CVV refers to the three digit card verification code on reverse side of credit card
• For eg, MSEDCL PAY 456 563656
• After successful transaction, you will receive confirmatory SMS.
• You may receive details of bills anytime by sending SMS to 567678 in the following format.
• MSEDCL BILL Consumer No Billing Unit No
MSEDCL Bill Payment via IVRS
• You may also make payment through Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS)
• Call on 022-29213100 and follow the instructions for making your bill payment.
MSEDCL Bill payment through mobile software
• You may also pay your bills through mobile software.
• To avail this service, you should download mobile software by sending SMS ATOM to 54959.
• Click on the link you have received on your mobile phone, to download and install the software.
• Simply follow the steps as mentioned in the software for completing your bill payment.